What is the best water softening shower head that you can use to rid of harmful chemicals and pathogens and make the water safe once again? Or you are not sure if they can indeed deliver what it has been advertised to do. In this article, I will provide you with an answer as to what is a water softener for showers and list some of its potential advantages that can be beneficial to you. So without any further ado, let’s begin today’s topic and learn more about the best water softening shower head technologies…
- The Benefits of the Softener Shower Head
- How to Soften the Shower Water
- Recommendation of the Softener Shower Head
The Benefits of the Softener Shower Head
Sometimes, the water that comes out from our bathroom sink and shower heads could be harmful and potentially unsafe due to the chemicals and other pathogens present in the water. The good news, however, is that there are technologies such as a shower head water softener that we can employ. In the following section are five of the technology’s benefits that you can take note of—
- It lowers your monthly maintenance costs or the need for repairs due to the mineral accumulation in the pipes of the water system.
- The fewer chemicals and minerals in water mean that it’s milder on your skin and hair.
- Another benefit is that the water is less harsh on your clothes.
- Cleaner water will also be beneficial because it means less time for cleaning.
- It rids the accumulation of pathogens that are causing the brown smudges on your utensils and essentially makes them easier to rinse off.
Installing a water softener may cause you an additional cost, but the benefits outweigh the cost, as you have seen in the pointers I have relayed above. In the following sections, I will also provide you with a list of water softening devices that are cost-effective and can give you a lot of quality.
How to Soften the Shower Water
If you are keen on pursuing high-quality soft water, then you may have to opt for the following devices to help you achieve a chemical and pathogen-free water source.
- Reverse Osmosis Filtration System – the system basically gets rid of the minerals and generally softens the hard water, so to speak.
- Salt-Free Water Filter – it filters the limescale buildup that’s causing the smudges on your bathroom or kitchen fixtures.
- Magnetic Water Conditioner – this tool is different from a water softener in the sense of the degree of water hardness level it can cure. If the water hardness isn’t high, then you may just opt for a water conditioner.
- Sodium Water Softeners –it’s boosted with the sodium compound and the most popular form of alternatives because they’re very efficient yet highly cost-effective.
In the next section, I will relay some of the best water softening shower heads if you are sold on investing in commercial soft water shower heads instead of the expensive water softening units.
Recommendation of the Softener Shower Head
A fully installed water softener and complete with all the necessary equipment will definitely cost you a lot of money which is roughly about $400 to $4,000. However, the good news is that there are things you can do to make your water a little safer from the harmful elements present in water.
Below are some of the most affordable, efficient, and best water softening shower heads you can buy in the market today—
Aqua Bliss High Output Revitalizing Shower Filter
The Aqua Bliss is the highest-grossing water softening shower head on Amazon. And this is rightfully the case because of its powerful mechanism where it can filter even the tiniest microscopic compound to provide you with the cleanest and safest water for drinking, hygiene, and cleaning. Also, it has been proven to deliver positive results, all thanks to its advanced SF100 and heavy-duty SF220.
- Easy to install
- Proven to produce clean water
- Cost-effective and efficient
- High rated on Amazon
- Reliable and tough on filtering minerals from hard water
- With all the mechanisms inside the filtration fixture, it could be a little heavy, which could cause problems if your water outlet is light and wobbly
Aqua Youth 2.0 Shower Head Filter
In today’s generation, many are putting emphasis on health and wellness, which includes the foods they eat and household items they use at home. With this being said—the industry is also saturated with products that are advertised to provide just that. Fortunately, there are brands like Aqua Youth that you can indeed put your trust in, and probably one of their popular brands in the market is the Aqua Youth 2.0 Filter Shower Head Filter.
It’s equipped with a powerful multi-stage filtration process that ensures that the water you’re drinking and using for cleaning and hygiene is free of pathogens and other harmful compounds. Plus, the design of the item is minimalistic and aesthetically pleasing.
- Sleek yet durable
- Minimalistic and light
- It offers a multi-stage of filtration process to effectively remove harmful compounds present in the water
- The product may not be a good option for people who are budget-conscious
Aqua Home Group Shower Filter
The filtrating agent is advertised to process the water through 20 stages of filtration to ensure that chemicals like fluoride and chlorine are treated effectively. Inside the water softening water head are five cartridges that are believed to produce vitamin C and E enriched water that is known to be particularly beneficial to the skin. As bulky as the tool may appear to be, it generates sufficient water pressure to give you a satisfying grooming experience.
- It has five cleaning cartridges that effectively treat water from chlorine and fluoride
- It can make the water safe for drinking
- A little expensive compared to other brands
- It’s heavy that could cause problems if you have a light outlet
- It may significantly affect water pressure if your system indeed generates low water pressure
Berkey Shower Filter
Just like the Aqua Youth 2.0 brand, the design and form factor of the Berkey Shower Filter is admirable. It has a 5x4x4 dimension and has a monochrome white-silver finish which makes them an excellent choice if you are conscious of the aesthetics of your home. But aside from the apparent beauty, it is equipped with a KDF 95 granule system that’s highly potent against hazardous chemicals such as limescale and hydrogen sulfide. It also impedes the growth of harmful bacteria like algae, mold, and fungi.
- The KDF 85 technology removes 99% of the chemicals in the water
- It inhibits the growth of microorganisms
- Easy to install
- It can filter water up to 20,000 galloons
- The body is made of plastic which is flimsy and could easily break
Culligan WSH-C125 Wall-Mounted Filtered Shower Head
If you are not particularly fond of installing an extension to your shower head, then you may change your shower head altogether. The good thing about Culligan WSH-C125 is that you no longer have to worry about heavy shower filters that misalign the adjustment of your shower head. Also, water pressure is not typically affected by showerheads with a built-in filtration mechanism.
- The Culligan WSH-C125 is certified with an ANSI 177, which means that it won’t clog easily aside from its filtration feature
- It is capable of a flow rate of two galloons per meters
- It offers a five spray setting for a spa-like experience
- Easy to install
- Anti-leak technology
- It may be less effective in filtering high-temperature water from 40 to 100 degrees
- An extended shower arm since it is a specialized shower head
I hope today’s topic on water softener shower heads has provided you with the insights you need about the added fixture in your bathroom area. Again, it may lead you to spend more money, but it is indeed an investment for better skin health and efficiency.
In other words, it is highly cost-effective that would help you to save more money in the long run. Well, I believe that’s just about it! Thank you for the time in reading today’s topic on the best water softening shower head and their advantages.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Best Water Softening Shower Head
The internal parts of the softening shower head comprise several filtration mechanisms that clear out the hard water.
Some of the best ways to filter harmful compounds in the water without the need to avail of a water softener are to use an ion-exchange filter or water pitcher filter. They’re more affordable and easy to install into your water outlets.